We drive into Tofino to have a look around - more commercial that O
wen had imagined, but less "Canmore-ish" than I expected. We have coffee and read the paper, then head over to the Rec Centre to se
e if Laura Lunty still works there - and she does! When we say we want to surprise her, her co-worker brings her out with her eyes covered, and Laura is VERY surprised to see us. We arrange to return and have dinner together, then Owen and I head to Long Beach, where we spend the rest of the day reading our books and walking the beach. We walk
ed from out little spot to one end of the beach - took 40 minutes, one way!! and there was probably an equal distance of beach in the other direction - again, clean, with hard, flat sand, not much detritus washed up on shore, and hardly a person to be
[View to the south
and to the north]
Dinner with Laura at Sobo restaurant - I ordered salmon for
the first time in my life, I think, and it was delicious. We caught up on all her family gossip and ours, and she assures us she will try to get all her siblings out for Adele and John's wedding.
Back to our campsite to enjoy sunset and the darkening view of the ocean. z
looks absolutely wonderful...so envious...soon tho
ReplyDelete