Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Virgin Voyage


So exiting to finally be on the road and living in our Roadtrek! It took two weeks to outfit and provision it, and most of Saturday to get it packed and get on the road. Took us just about 5 hours to drive to Jasper, with two grocery stops. Edson does not have dried lentils or French bread - peasants!

First night at Wapiti campground. The sites with power are all in a parking lot - door by door with all the other RVs, so we chose to stay in the unserviced sites. We are one of four groups in our cul-de-sac of ten sites.

What we forgot: an ax, so no fire. A can opener, so I got to meet the young neighbour couple who are returning to Squamish after their first year of Nursing at UofA.

The RT is comfortable to cook and eat in - although OE bbq'd the black bean burgers outside. The bed will take a bit of getting used to - which is usually the case for me. I have "holiday hips" which I always get when I sleep in an unfamiliar bed. Covered with one of the sleeping bags we got for Christmas we were warm. When Owen got a little cold in the night, he got up to turn on the furnace - no residual power. THIS is why you park on the serviced parking lot, I guess.


2 comments:

  1. Dinner fit for a king and queen or should we say for a couple of 'Trekies'! It is nice to see the things required for the VV so we won't make the same mistake. Great picture! We thought about you when we were at the Yardbird Suite: a quartet from NY called Hellbent that really rocked the place!
    Maureen and Vern

    ReplyDelete
  2. so... are you on the island yet? We pick up our RT tomorrow afternoon! Exciting!

    ReplyDelete